R-8460 Stainless Steel Bollard
The R-8460 Stainless Steel Bollard can be embedded in concrete for simple and secure installations. Its clean and versatile design is highly visible and available with alternative mountings (see retractable and removable models) for consistent aesthetics that suit any modern building or landscape. High-quality 316 grade stainless steel with #6 satin finish features high resistance to corrosion and weathering. Posts ship standard with 1 of 4 colored reflector stripes.
Stainless steel does not usually need coating. If you want powder coat or IronArmor color please create a quote and let us know what you’re looking for in the message box.
|5 - 9||403|
|10 - 24||398|
|25 - 49||387|
|50 - 99||381|
|100 +||Call for pricing|
|Body Diameter (in)||
|Base Diameter (in)||
SECTION [32 39 13.15]
METAL ACCESS CONTROL BOLLARDS
- Removable bollards
- Retractable bollard set
- Collapsible bollards
- [Division 03 Sections: [Concrete] [Mortar] fill for security posts.]
- Section Includes:
- ASTM A36 – Standard Specification for Carbon Structural Steel.
- ASTM A312 – Standard Specification for Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes.
- ASTM A500 – Standard Specification for Cold-Formed Welded and Seamless Carbon Steel Structural Tubing in Rounds and Shapes.
- ASTM A536 – Standard Specification for Ductile Iron Castings.
- ASTM B26 – Standard Specification for Aluminum-Alloy Sand Castings.
- Comply with Section [01 33 00 – Submittal Procedures.] [_________.]
- Product Data: Provide for each type of bollard, component, finish, and accessory specified.
- Color Samples: [Submit manufacturer’s standard colors for selection.] [Submit sample of color specified.]
- Setting Drawings: Show embedded items and cutouts required for work specified in other Sections.
- Maintenance Data: Submit manufacturer’s field touch-up, cleaning, and maintenance instructions.
- Warranty Documentation: Submit sample of manufacturer’s warranty.
- Comply with Section [01 43 00 – Quality Assurance.] [_________.]
DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
- Comply with Section [01 66 00 – Product Storage and Handling Requirements.] [_________.]
- Protect bollards and accessories during delivery, storage, and handling.
- Manufacturer: Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
- Substitutions: [Comply with provisions of [Section 01 25 00 "Substitution Procedures"] [_________] for substitution procedures.] [Not allowed.]
RETRACTABLE BOLLARD SET
Material: [Coated] Stainless Steel.
- Pipe: ASTM A312, Grade TP 316.
- Plate: ASTM A959, GradeTP 316.
- Country of Origin: China
Bollard [Designer’s Designation]:
- Model: Reliance Foundry; r-8460.
- Height: 35-1/2 in (90.2 cm)
- Diameter: 4-1/2 in (11.4 cm)
- Weight: 20 lbs (9.1 kg)
- Design: Fixed cylinder with flat top.
- Type: Polyester powder coat over epoxy primer.
- Color: [Stainless Steel - Brushed] [Black textured semi gloss] [Dark green] [Statuary bronze] [Bengal silver] [Anodized silver] [Safety yellow].
- Reflective Stripe: [Yellow] [Red] [White] [Blue] [None].
- Fixed, New Concrete, Embedded.
- Material: [Coated] Stainless Steel.
- Examine paving or other substrates for compliance with manufacturer’s requirements for placement and location of embedded items, condition of substrate, and other conditions affecting installation of bollards.
- Proceed with installation only after unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected.
- General: Comply with manufacturer’s installation instructions and setting drawings.
- Do not install damaged, cracked, chipped, deformed or marred bollards. Field touch-up minor imperfections in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Replace bollards that cannot be field repaired.
CLEANING & PROTECTION
- Protect bollards against damage.
- Immediately prior to Substantial Completion, clean bollards in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions to remove dust, dirt, adhesives, and other foreign materials.
- Touch up damaged finishes according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Provide executed warranty.