Strategic Procurement Specialist
Sourcing quality, globally
You find qualified vendors anywhere to fulfill the needs of your customers.
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is a Surrey-based, rapidly growing metal products company. With 95 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now service our Global customers by providing traditional site furnishing and castings in new and innovative ways. We are an agile small business with limitless growth plans that extend far beyond simple metal products. Today, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented people to join our team.
Reporting to the Senior Supply Chain & Operations Manager, the Strategic Sourcing specialist will be responsible for new product sourcing, existing supplier- base optimization, supplier performance management, logistic optimization; lead or participate in New Product Development (NPI), Return Material Authorization (RMA).
A successful candidate needs to be a strategic thinker, hard-working supply chain veteran specialized in international sourcing and project management. You have the ability to understand company’s business strategy and to translate it to functional strategies and actionable plans. Thereafter you execute the plans to support the business growth and ensure the business success.
- Will understand the company’s business strategy to develop and propose the sourcing strategies to management team.
- Execute the sourcing strategies to support the business growth, reduce the overall product acquisition costs, mitigate the product supply risks
- Develop, monitor, and report the KPI’s for sourcing process performance
- Establish and continuously improve the process procedures for all sourcing associated activities
- Analyze and monitor the industry and material cost trends, new technology evolvement to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Evaluate and optimize the existing supplier base to ensure it is aligned with established sourcing strategies. Activities include supplier consolidation, alternative supplier identification and migration, product re-allocations, etc.
- Evaluate and continuously improve logistics processes to reduce the product shipping costs, activities include carrier identification, shipping modes/routes optimization, shipments consolidation, etc.
- Collaborate with and support the engineering team on new product development. Activities include identifying new suppliers for new products/material, obtaining costing information, managing new product qualification process, establishing the supply chain infrastructure, and managing the associated projects, etc.
- Collaborate with internal engineers, warehouse, and external suppliers on the new product approval process. Activities include sample and trial orders releasing, delivery, and approvals, supplier, and product codes creation in ERP system.
- Capture the new product ideas from existing and potential suppliers, manage and report these NPI projects from concept to product commercialization
- Coordinate with internal shareholders and external suppliers to manage RMA’s and corresponding DFMA’s, PFD’s, PFMEA’s, Control Plans activities.
- Minimum 5-year experience of Strategic Sourcing or Supply Chain management. Experience in sourcing from Asian countries will be preferred.
- Minimum 3-year experience of project management related to New Product Development, cost reduction, process improvement, certificates of Six Sigma, lean manufacturing will be an asset.
- Minimum 3-year experience of using ERP. Specifically experience with NetSuite is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain management or Engineering
- Exceptional communication, written and verbal skills in English, second language such as Hindu or Mandarin will be a plus
- Strong negotiation skills. Everyone believes they’re good; you can demonstrate why you are.
- Experience with (or exposure to) some or all the following: casting, forging, machining, fabricating, metallurgy, heat treating, coatings, and failure analysis.
- Ability to assess unclear, complex, and ambiguous situations with minimal support and distill such information into distinct, clear, timely, and stable direction for the program team.
- Prioritizes key issues and takes quick appropriate action with minimal support to resolve prior to program impact.
Why should you apply?
- Reliance Foundry offers a comfortable environment, and a competitive benefits package, and salary structure.
- We celebrate successes with fun company gatherings, luncheons, and other perks.
- Offer training opportunities for growth in performance and advancement.
- We care.
Working conditions are based on a 40-hour work week, Monday–Friday. Wages to commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and wage requirements to:
Jazz Gill, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
e-mail: [email protected]
- Applicants should include remuneration expectations (wage/salary requirements) and relevant employment history.
- Only applications submitted with a personal cover letter will be considered.
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.
Please mention where you saw this employment ad in your cover letter.