Custom Metal Casting and Foundry Services
Quality, precision products every time
Building on a tradition of expertise since 1925, Reliance Foundry offers first-class metal casting services for clients both small and large. We provide exceptional service and communication to ensure the best quality and value in all cast products.
We specialize in casting steel and iron but deal in a range of metals and alloys—offering services that include sand, investment and die casting. We work carefully with clients to determine product goals and suggest the best materials and methods for achieving the most economical solution—without sacrificing quality or performance.
We strive to deliver quality, precision products in a clear timeframe.
- Planning. We look at all parameters to account for all costs and design specifications.
- Material selection and sourcing. There are many material options out there, especially when it comes to steel and its many alloys. We look at a range of options to ensure ideal performance and budgeting goals.
- Pattern development. Precision design requires an accurate template to work from. Strategic pattern development takes into account product specifications and quantities required.
- Prototyping. We send initial product samples to ensure satisfaction before moving to formal production.
- Production. We take care of all manufacturing logistics.
- Heat treatment. Our services include a range of heat treatments for performance-specific applications. Steel often benefits from treatments that may include tempering, annealing, stress relief, case hardening, precipitation strengthening and quenching.
- Secondary processing. Additional processing may include machining, coatings and/or assembly.
- Packaging. Products are prepared and packaged to account for transport and storage.
- Shipping and warehousing. We arrange delivery to a specified location. Warehousing services may also be available.
- Import logistics. We take into account all costs and associated risks when arranging cross-border shipping.
- Quality assurance. We establish onsite manufacturing standards and conduct our own quality assurance to ensure accurate specifications.
How to order
Please note that project times often run up to 24 weeks leading up to full production and delivery. Small shipment demands can often be accommodated in shorter periods. For questions on ordering or requesting a quote, contact our Sales Department.
- Design drawings and product samples. All clients should be prepared to provide a product sample to expedite planning and production. If product samples are not available, clients must provide an engineering drawing that includes all dimensions, stress/load requirements, machined surfaces and names or special markings required. Reliance Foundry can advise on preparing drawings for castings, but we do not offer drawing services.
- Quantities required. Please provide quantities required. Information should include initial product requests and should also consider future needs. Long-term considerations may affect initial pattern development, as different pattern materials will be more suitable for longer-term, high-quantity runs.
- Estimated weight. To ensure accurate quotations, estimated weights should reflect actual weights as closely as possible. Weight estimates are used to calculate costs for sourcing materials, processing and shipping. Unreliable estimates may lead to discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Requested secondary processing. Unless otherwise specified, prices are quoted for rough (bare metal, un-machined, un-painted) castings free of gates, risers and extra metal. Please indicate any secondary processing required for products.
- Delivery details. Please provide information on when products will be required and an intended shipping destination. Requests that do not include a shipping destination will be quoted ExWorks according to Incoterms 2010, available for pick-up from our warehouse in Surrey, BC, Canada.
Request a quote
Request a quote using the following form. Our Sales Department will respond within 3–5 business days.