Bollards in My Community Scholarship: Video Contest
Supporting future architects, planners and designers in building vibrant urban designs
The Bollards in My Community Scholarship supports future architects, planners and urban designers in their studies toward building better urban spaces. Reliance Foundry will award $4,000 in bursaries to support dedicated students and promote learning and innovation within a growing industry. We hope our contribution encourages ongoing development in creating safe neighborhoods and comprehensive design for vibrant communities.
To succeed in an increasingly digitalized and fast-paced world, future innovators will need to demonstrate intimate knowledge of their urban environments—while being able to communicate and engage with relevant audiences. Bollards in My Community encourages students to use their own learning and creativity to present key design features within local neighborhoods.
- 1st place: $3,000
- 2nd and 3rd place: $500 each
How to participate
To participate in this year's contest, prospective students should submit a video presentation demonstrating the purpose and benefit of bollards in their community. Videos should explain and give examples of how bollards increase safety and improve site aesthetics. The Reliance Foundry Marketing Department will review all submissions and announce the winners on July 6, 2015. Students are encouraged to demonstrate creativity in their video projects, but judges will give priority to demonstrated knowledge and accurate presentation of subject matter.
- Deadline for video submissions: June 30, 2015
- Submit video URLs (YouTube or Vimeo) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winners will be announced July 6
View previous winner submissions
Terms of participation
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in or plan to attend a post-secondary education program in Fall 2015. All students are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to students studying architecture, civil engineering, site planning, urban planning or a related field of study.
- One submission per applicant. Applicants must be a resident of Canada or the US.
- Reliance Foundry reserves the right to award prizes at its own discretion.
- Winners will be announced publicly online. All rights and ownership of submitted content are transferred to Reliance Foundry upon submission. Reliance Foundry reserves the right to publish and re-publish submitted content as it sees fit.
- Scholarship money will be awarded in the form of a check in the currency of the winner's residence. Winning applicants will be asked to provide proof of enrolment to be awarded prize money. Official campus documents (letter of acceptance, tuition receipt, etc.) may be used as proof of enrolment and should be submitted as electronic documents. Contest money may be used for tuition, book or other education expenses.
- Reliance Foundry assumes no tax liability for the provision of scholarship winnings. It is the responsibility of the winner to determine any tax ramifications and to address them accordingly.
- Submission of contest entry constitutes agreement to these terms.
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. delivers the highest-quality stock and custom-designed products for architectural site furnishings, traffic management and industrial applications. Since 1925, Reliance Foundry has built upon a long tradition of metal casting expertise to become an award-winning supplier for high-profile and everyday operations across North America.