If you require more resource materials, please contact our customer service department.
R-1007-06 Steel Pipe Security Bollard (6-5/8 in)
Request a quote for current pricing
Made from ASTM 500 B structural grade steel, security posts are designed to be embedded deep in ground to ensure a high level of impact protection. Posts ship standard with primer coating, ready for additional paint, and can be cut to specific lengths upon request. Steel pipe bollards can be reinforced with concrete and finished with uniform concrete caps. Utility and ornamental covers are also available.
Note: A range of factors—including but not limited to the quality and size of materials, installation methods and surface qualities—can affect the performance of steel pipe bollards. For specific site applications, consult an engineer to ensure proper installation and suitability of steel pipe bollards.
|Body Diameter (in)||
|Base Diameter (in)||
SECTION 34 71 13
STEEL PIPE SECURITY POSTS
- Section Includes:
- Security posts
- Related Requirements:
- [Division 03 Sections: [Concrete] [Mortar] fill for security posts.]
- Section Includes:
- REFERENCE STANDARDS
- ASTM A500 B – Standard Specification for Structural Grade Steel.
- ASTM A536 – Standard Specification for Ductile Iron Castings.
- ASTM B26 – Standard Specification for Aluminum-Alloy Sand Castings.
- Comply with Section [01 33 00 – Submittal Procedures.] [_________.]
- Product Data: Provide for each type of bollard, component, finish, and accessory specified.
- Color Samples: [Submit manufacturer’s standard colors for selection.] [Submit sample of color specified.]
- Setting Drawings: Show embedded items and cutouts required for work specified in other Sections.
- Maintenance Data: Submit manufacturer’s field touch-up, cleaning, and maintenance instructions.
- Warranty Documentation: Submit sample of manufacturer’s warranty.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Comply with Section [01 43 00 – Quality Assurance.] [_________.]
- DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
- Comply with Section [01 66 00 – Product Storage and Handling Requirements.] [_________.]
- Protect bollards and accessories during delivery, storage, and handling.
- Manufacturer: Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
- Substitutions: [Comply with provisions of [Section 01 25 00 "Substitution Procedures"] [_________] for substitution procedures.] [Not allowed.]
- SECURITY POSTS
- Material: ASTM 500 B Structural Grade Steel
- Country of Origin: United States
- Bollard [Designer’s Designation]:
- Model: Reliance Foundry; r-1007-06.
- Height: 84 in (213.4 cm)
- Diameter: 6-5/8 in (16.8 cm)
- Weight: 133 lbs (60.3 kg)
- Design: Cylindrical.
- Finish: [Red][Gray] primer.
- Direct embed.
- Footing and fill; Concrete or mortar, [3000 psi minimum.]
- Examine paving or other substrates for compliance with manufacturer’s requirements for placement and location of embedded items, condition of substrate, and other conditions affecting installation of bollards.
- Proceed with installation only after unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected.
- General: Comply with manufacturer’s installation instructions and setting drawings.
- Do not install damaged, cracked, chipped, deformed, or marred bollards. Field touch-up minor imperfections in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Replace bollards that cannot be field repaired.
- Security Posts:
- Embed with grout in formed or cored holes in concrete.
- Embed in concrete footings.
- CLEANING & PROTECTION
- Protect bollards against damage.
- Immediately prior to Substantial Completion, clean bollards in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions to remove dust, dirt, adhesives, and other foreign materials.
- Touch up damaged finishes according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- CLOSEOUT ACTIVITIES
- Provide executed warranty.
END OF SECTION
Copyright 2020 by Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.; qualified design and construction professionals may copy for preparation of construction specifications and purchase orders for Reliance Foundry products.