R-8430 Collapsible Bollard
The R-8430 Collapsible Bollard features built-in mounting hardware and internal locking mechanisms (no additional hardware required). Lightweight design ensures easy operation with no additional storage requirements. Narrow construction makes for low-profile clearance when lowered. Bright yellow powder coating ensures high visibility for drivers. Mount pre-assembled units to new or existing concrete. Lock bollard in both lowered and upright positions.
|5 - 9||96|
|10 - 24||89|
|25 - 49||85|
|50 - 99||84|
|100 +||Call for pricing|
|Body Diameter (in)||
|Base Diameter (in)||
SECTION [32 39 13.15]
METAL ACCESS CONTROL BOLLARDS
- Section Includes:
- Removable bollards
- Retractable bollard set
- Collapsible bollards
- Related Requirements:
- [Division 03 Sections: [Concrete] [Mortar] fill for security posts.]
- Section Includes:
- REFERENCES STANDARDS
- ASTM A36 – Standard Specification for Carbon Structural Steel.
- ASTM A312 – Standard Specification for Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes.
- ASTM A500 – Standard Specification for Cold-Formed Welded and Seamless Carbon Steel Structural Tubing in Rounds and Shapes.
- ASTM A536 – Standard Specification for Ductile Iron Castings.
- ASTM B26 – Standard Specification for Aluminum-Alloy Sand Castings.
- Comply with Section [01 33 00 – Submittal Procedures.] [_________.]
- Product Data: Provide for each type of bollard, component, finish, and accessory specified.
- Color Samples: [Submit manufacturer’s standard colors for selection.] [Submit sample of color specified.]
- Setting Drawings: Show embedded items and cutouts required for work specified in other Sections.
- Maintenance Data: Submit manufacturer’s field touch-up, cleaning, and maintenance instructions.
- Warranty Documentation: Submit sample of manufacturer’s warranty.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Comply with Section [01 43 00 – Quality Assurance.] [_________.]
- DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
- Comply with Section [01 66 00 – Product Storage and Handling Requirements.] [_________.]
- Protect bollards and accessories during delivery, storage, and handling.
- Manufacturer: Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
- Substitutions: [Comply with provisions of [Section 01 25 00 "Substitution Procedures"] [_________] for substitution procedures.] [Not allowed.]
- COLLAPSIBLE BOLLARDS
- Material: Steel: Steel: ASTM A36; 25 percent recycled-material content
- Country of Origin: China
- Bollard [Designer’s Designation]:
- Model: Reliance Foundry; r-8430.
- Height: 24-1/2 in (62.2 cm)
- Diameter: 2-1/2 in (6.3 cm) body; 5-7/8 in (14.9 cm) base
- Weight: 12 lbs (5.4 kg)
- Design: Cylindrical with built-in mounting hardware and internal locking mechanism.
- Powder Coating: [Safety yellow.]
- Collapsible, hinged surface mount.
- Examine paving or other substrates for compliance with manufacturer’s requirements for placement and location of embedded items, condition of substrate, and other conditions affecting installation of bollards.
- Proceed with installation only after unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected.
- General: Comply with manufacturer’s installation instructions and setting drawings.
- Do not install damaged, cracked, chipped, deformed or marred bollards. Field touch-up minor imperfections in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Replace bollards that cannot be field repaired.
- CLEANING & PROTECTION
- Protect bollards against damage.
- Immediately prior to Substantial Completion, clean bollards in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions to remove dust, dirt, adhesives, and other foreign materials.
- Touch up damaged finishes according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- CLOSEOUT ACTIVITIES
- Provide executed warranty.
END OF SECTION
Copyright 2020 by Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.; qualified design and construction professionals may copy for preparation of construction specifications and purchase orders for Reliance Foundry products.