Community Bike Rack Donations
Providing opportunities for communities to enjoy the benefits of cycling
Take a Stand for Cycling was a program in which Reliance Foundry made a series of commercial bike rack donations.
Resulting from a new product line in 2012, and a subsequent overstocked warehouse, we saw an opportunity to help communities in which we do business. We launched the Take a Stand for Cycling campaign and offered the discontinued bike racks, for free, to academic institutions, community service groups, churches, and other non-profit groups across North America.
Interested parties were asked to review the catalog of discontinued public bike racks, and email us a brief description of their organization with their bike rack model and quantity request. After reviewing various submissions, Reliance Foundry accepted over 30 requests.
Some of the non-profit organizations that received bicycle parking from the Take a Stand for Cycling include the following:
- Bike & Walk Montclair (Montclair, New Jersey)
- Foundation Communities (Austin, Texas)
- Huntsville Public School (Huntsville, Ontario)
- Safe Kids Chowan County (Edenton, North Carolina)
- Holy Family Anglican Church (Vancouver, British Columbia)
- Montessori Academy of Spartanburg (Spartanburg, South Carolina)
- Ocean Park Community Association (White Rock, British Columbia)
- Daniel McIntyre / St. Matthew’s Community Association (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- Butner-Stem Middle School (Butner, North Carolina)
- League of Michigan Bicyclists (Lansing, Michigan)
We hope that the efforts of these organizations and the donations have provided greater opportunities for children, students, and commuters to enjoy the many benefits that cycling offers.
Though the Take a Stand program officially ended in 2012, we also donated over 10 bike racks to a few local community organizations in 2016.