Wanted: Experienced specialist to manage NPI sourcing initiatives!
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is an established company that specializes in marketing and distribution of metal products. With over 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we serve customers by providing traditional site furnishing and castings in new and innovative ways. Ranked by Canadian Business Magazine’s fasted growing companies, Reliance Foundry continues to flourish, and we are looking to hire talented professionals for our Surrey, BC office.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for developing the supply chain for new products. This will include product costs, vendor quality, logistics optimization, NPI scheduling, strategic vendor alignment, and participation in vendor selection. In addition to the strategic component a daily focus will be required on tactical North American transactions. This includes purchasing, logistics and vendor relationships.
You must demonstrate a relentless drive to deliver new products from concept to regular production on-time and on budget. You will seek out new partnerships with suppliers, creatively negotiate pricing for best possible cost service guarantee, and generate contracts to assure seamless availability of all products to support the company’s objectives.
- Identify and create strategic sourcing management goals for the company and implement action items to ensure those goals are achieved.
- Lead North American Purchasing including detailed ERP transactions.
- Source, identify, and develop new worldwide vendors and arrange for new product samples based on urgency, product type, location, ability, cost, and quality are key factors.
- Negotiates with vendors, identifies risks and recommends changes to contractual language and oversees contract execution.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Consult on the concept and eventual design of the products with laser focus on manufacturability, cost, quality and availability.
- Propose and implement processes for quality, component delivery, cost reduction, supply chain, optimized productivity, and reliability.
- Process validation & verification; ensure the vendors product meets requirements and specifications before they ship by using appropriate Quality documentation.
- Provide reports on all problems/opportunities that occur in your area of responsibility and include corrective actions and recommendation plans to support the continuous Improvement process.
- In conjunction with other stakeholders, develop, review and monitor: DFMA’s, PFD’s, PFMEA’s, Control Plans: Work in parallel with the designers to ensure design is optimized for manufacturing.
- Effectively manage and monitor program(s) through development of robust plans, schedules, change control, and risk/opportunity closure to meet budgets.
- Meet with executive leadership regularly to review and evaluate KPI’s and pertinent metrics.
- Travel requirements: Visit oversees vendors as required to assess and discuss product quality, costs, lead times, opportunities and standards.
- How can you demonstrate your ability for Intense collaboration?
- Proven experience as a sourcing manager or procurement manager and/or similar related field.
- Strong technical knowledge of computer systems;
- Wizard level Excel skills. Seriously: There’s a quiz!
- Exceptional communication, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
- Experience in an ISO9001 or equivalent quality system.
- Able to utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends
- Ability to assess unclear, complex, and ambiguous situations with minimal support and reduce such information into distinct, clear, timely, and stable direction for the program team
- Prioritizes key issues and takes quick appropriate action with minimal support to resolve prior to program impact.
- Experience with (or exposure to) some or all of the following: casting, forging, machining, fabricating, metallurgy, heat treating, coatings, and failure analysis.
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices.
- Knowledge of logistics management and/or working with metal and mechanical products.
- NetSuite ERP system experience would be an asset (Oracle NetSuite – www.netsuite.com)
- Exposure to and ideally moderate abilities in the Autodesk suite of applications.
- Written and/or verbal communication in Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be an asset.
- Strong innovation skills and creativity; ability to think well outside of boxes.
- Excellent problem solver; proactive in mitigating risks and conflictual situations.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience with change management; tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong drive to increase efficiency and deliver results within a cross-cultural team.
Why should you apply?
- Reliance Foundry offers a comfortable environment, and a competitive benefits package, and salary structure.
- We celebrate successes with fun company gatherings, luncheons, and other perks.
- Offer training opportunities for growth in performance and advancement.
- We care.
Working conditions are based on a 40-hour work week, Monday–Friday. Wages to commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and wage requirements to:
Smita Dass, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
E-mail: [email protected]
- Applicants should include remuneration expectations (wage/salary requirements) and relevant employment history.
- Only applications submitted with a personal cover letter will be considered.
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.
Please mention where you saw this employment ad in your cover letter.