Employment Opportunity: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
An enthusiastic professional to support daily business operations
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is an established company that specializes in marketing and distribution of metal products. With over 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we serve customers by providing traditional site furnishing and castings in new and innovative ways. Nominated two years in a row and ranked on Canadian Business Magazine’s Profit 500 award for Canada’s fastest growing companies, we are looking to hire talented professionals for our Surrey, BC office.
We are looking for a detail orientated Receptionist / Administrative Assistant to support ongoing business operations and client care. We are looking for candidates who possess excellent person-to-person and written communication skills as well as an exceptional ability to ensure all tasks are followed through to completion promptly. Applicants should be team-oriented, highly organized and technically proficient in basic office management software.
Why should you apply?
- Reliance Foundry offers a competitive benefits package and salary structure.
- The company encourages a positive and comfortable work environment with flexible hours.
- Fun company gatherings, luncheons, celebrations, and other perks.
- This position is permanent with full-time hours, year-round.
- Encourages growth in performance, and advancement, and training opportunities.
- Because we are a GREAT place to work.
Deadline for applying: July 20th, 2018
Position to commence: ASAP
- Prepare invoices, commercial invoices, and customs documentation
- Prepare and send timely shipping confirmations, schedule, and print courier labels, manage courier resources, and provide additional shipping/documentation support as needed
- Process daily mail
- Conduct banking transactions (credit card payments)
- Send payment emails to customers and conduct A/R collections
- Have payment waivers notarized
- Maintain/control document storage - including organizing, filing and archiving documentation
- Upkeep appearance and organization of reception area
- Purchase office and kitchen supplies; manage and maintain stock supplies in office and lunchroom areas
- Manage inquiries via phone, email, or in-person with customers, vendors, and other visitors. Act as the first contact of sales support.
- Support technical and non-technical staff as needed.
- Office experience and/or a diploma in accounting, business or other related fields is required.
- Exceptional, professional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with a friendly and positive attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and standard email software
- Ability to set up and maintain well-organized files and records
- Ability to interact, collaborate and communicate professionally with a range of team members, customers, and vendors
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Access to personal vehicle transportation is required. Regular visits to the bank, Canada post and notary will be required using personal vehicle for transportation (fuel expenses to be reimbursed).
Working conditions are based on a 40-hour work week, Monday–Friday between the hours of 7:00AM- 5:00PM, wages are to commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes via email complete with cover letter, references, and remuneration expectations to:
Smita Dass, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
e-mail: [email protected]
- Applicants should include remuneration expectations (wage/salary requirements) and relevant employment history.
- Only applications submitted with a personal cover letter will be considered.
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.
Please mention where you saw this employment ad in your cover letter.