Enthusiastic and Creative Engineer
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is a Surrey-based, rapidly growing marketing and distribution company of metal products. With 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now service our Global customers by providing traditional site furnishing and castings in new and innovative ways. We are an agile small business with limitless growth plans. Today, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented people to join our team.
We’re seeking a detail-oriented Mechatronics Engineer to grow with us. The successful candidate will join our Engineering department in supporting our current products and designing a wide range of exciting new products.
The successful Engineer:
- You have a little bit of an artist, architect and/or a creative sensibility. You can demonstrate creativity.
- Experience related to Casting, Forging, Metalworking, Machining, Fabrication, LED’s, PCB’s, Batteries, Etc.
- Demonstrates a strong mechanical aptitude and has an ability to develop functional and reliable mechanical solutions and prototypes.
- Knowledge of electronic circuit design, tools and best practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug electronics hardware using lab equipment such as multimeter, oscilloscope, signal analyzer, hardware debugger etc.
- Experience working hands-on with electronics and mechanical systems, including soldering, wiring, assembling, and testing these systems.
- Exposure to software engineering fundamentals to successfully solve complex design challenges.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision in a very fast paced, results driven environment.
- Is an analytical thinker and proactive with superior problem-solving initiatives.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and excel as an individual contributor.
- Listens intently and reacts with careful confidence and humility.
- Loves learning and constantly pursues growth.
- Assist in conceptual design and prototyping of components required in support of development for new applications. New Product BOM/Engineering Master creation,
- Develop non-destructive and destructive testing requirements for newly developed products.
- Perform analytical review of new and existing products utilizing standard engineering procedures such as Stress/FEA analysis, Design of experiments, 3D modeling in Inventor, FMEA etc.
- Initiate and maintain 2D AutoCAD and 3D Inventor drawings and models, applying experience in effective GD&T for high quality and cost-effective manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and assist in the implementation of solutions to continually improve reliability.
- Attend to field installations and field maintenance as needed.
- Build prototype units as needed.
- Preparing product manuals and other technical documents for internal and external use.
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the products and company are successful.
- Has a minimum of 2 years of experience in Designing, developing and enhancing electro-mechanical systems and prototypes.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with CAD software specifically AutoCAD Inventor and ERP systems.
- Strong aptitude with the MS Office suite of products.
- Excellent communication skills with desire to take on new challenges–we love an enthusiastic individual!
- Formal training in a Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering program, and/or related experience.
- Must have deep sense of initiative, results oriented and pro-active with little supervision.
- Are you known for caring about the details?
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must be self-motivated and highly organized; Intends to never stop learning, growing and becoming the best they can be.
- There’s no box. You think and create without impediments or biases.
- An asset would be fluency in multiple languages such as Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi or Hindi.
- An asset would also include basic level understanding of North American Electrical Codes.
Why should you apply?
- Full time position with a competitive benefits package, and salary structure.
- Reliance Foundry celebrates successes with fun company gatherings, luncheons, and other perks!
- We believe in an environment that encourages a positive, and high-performance work environment with flexible hours.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and wage requirements to:
Deepinder Sohal, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
E-mail: [email protected]
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.