Mechanical Product Development Engineer
Seasoned, Enthusiastic, and Creative Engineer to grow our company
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is a Surrey-based, rapidly growing marketing and distribution company of metal products. With 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now service our Global customers by providing traditional site furnishing and castings in new and innovative ways. We are an agile small business with limitless growth plans. Today, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented people to join our team.
We’re seeking a quality-conscious and detail-oriented Mechanical Product Design Engineer to grow with us. The successful candidate will lead our Engineering by supporting our current products and designing a wide range of exciting new products.
The successful Engineer:
- You have a little bit of an artist, architect and/or a creative sensibility. You can demonstrate creativity.
- Experience related to Casting, Forging, Metalworking, Machining, Welding, and fabrication.
- Has experience with designing and supporting continuous production of varied product lines.
- Demonstrates a strong mechanical aptitude and has an ability to develop functional and reliable mechanical solutions and prototypes.
- Primary materials of use will be Steel, Aluminum, Iron, Ductile Iron and Stainless Steel.
- Values customer service excellence and is skilled at building relationships; the ideal candidate will be required to interface with primarily suppliers, but occasionally customers.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision in a very fast paced, results driven environment.
- Is an analytical thinker and proactive with superior problem-solving initiatives.
- Preference given to those with experience in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and excel as an individual contributor.
- Initiate and maintain 2D AutoCAD and 3D Inventor drawings and models, applying experience in effective GD&T for high quality and cost-effective manufacturing
- Create, and optimize all related processes methodologies, such as DFM, Control Plans, Change Mgmt, Etc.
- Deliver on project schedules and aggressive timelines.
- Maintain the accuracy of the master documentation and filing systems throughout multiple product lines.
- Mentor junior employees on the proper processes such as Part numbering, ECO’s, 8D, CAR, etc.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and assist in the implementation of solutions to continually improve reliability.
- Liaising with existing suppliers to ensure product specifications are met.
- Preparing product manuals and other technical documents for internal and external use.
- Has a minimum of 3 years of experience in mechanical design.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with CAD software (AutoCAD Inventor) and ERP systems.
- Strong aptitude with the MS Office suite of products.
- Excellent communication skills with desire to take on new challenges–we love an enthusiastic individual!
- Formal training in a Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering program, and/or related experience.
- Must have deep sense of initiative, results oriented and pro-active with little supervision.
- Are you known for caring about the details?
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must be self-motivated and highly organized; Intends to never stop learning, growing and becoming the best they can be.
- There’s no box. You think and create without impediment.
- An asset would be fluency in multiple languages such as Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi or Hindi.
- An asset would also include basic level understanding of North American Electrical Codes.
Why should you apply?
- Full time position with a competitive benefits package, and salary structure.
- Reliance Foundry celebrates successes with fun company gatherings, luncheons, and other perks!
- We believe in an environment that encourages a positive, and high-performance work environment with flexible hours.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and wage requirements to:
Jazz Gill, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
E-mail: [email protected]
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.