IoT Business Development Manager
We are looking driven and experienced sales manager to lead our sales efforts for our new IoT product suite.
With over 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now serve our global customer base with a product line of contemporary site furnishing, castings product and offers a range of inventive Tech solutions. Reliance’s Tech Venture focuses on developing industrial IoT solutions that offer compelling operational insights to our customers. The focus of these products to-date is within the burgeoning smart-city and smart-building sectors.
As our IoT Business Development Manager, you will have experience with start-up company’s specializing in sales to municipalities and B2B.
We are looking for a driven and experienced sales manager to lead our sales efforts for our new IoT solutions suite. You will be responsible for selling solutions to customers pain points through a SaaS business model to municipalities and B2B customers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in business development and a proven track record of success in a similar role.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to be involved in a wide range of products and work with a collaborative team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a sales strategy that meets or exceeds company goals
- Manage the entire sales cycle from lead generation to closing deals.
- In some cases, the established team can assist with marketing, customer and technical support.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop effective sales and marketing materials. In many cases you will be solely responsible for generating the marketing collateral.
- Analyze market trends and competitor activity to adjust sales strategy as needed
- Provide regular sales updates, reports, and forecasts to upper management
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Attend trade shows and industry events to network and generate leads
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- Experience with and/or exposure to AI and ML concepts and applications
- Proven track record of success in a similar sales role
- Experience in selling to municipalities and government agencies
- Experience in IoT, SaaS, and B2B sales
- Strong background in marketing and lead generation
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurs’ mindset while working in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to manage a long and complex sales cycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent networking skills;
- Far above average presentation skills with the ability to get complex messages across clearly and concisely;
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills, thinking creatively to develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges;
- Confident in your own ability to make difficult decisions but humble enough to ask for help when needed and ask basic questions.
- You treat the company as if it were your own.
- Clear commercial mind set, constantly focusing on delivering value to customers;
- Can quickly identify where the value is and how to get to it,
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where people and teamwork are highly valued.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Surrey, BC
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and wage requirements to:
Pegah Motamedi, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
E-mail: [email protected]
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.