Senior Full Stack Developer
We are looking for a logical and creative engineer, who is adept to empower our team to scale & support our growing IoT platform.
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is a Surrey-based, rapidly growing marketing and distribution company of metal products. With over 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now serve our Global customer base with a product line of contemporary site furnishing, castings product and offers a range of inventive Tech solutions. Reliance’s Tech Venture focuses on solving technical roadblocks with our bundled digital Solutions offering superior performance to our clients.
WHAT MAKES WORKING AT RELIANCE AWESOME:
- Attractive Salary structure.
- Benefits & RRSP match
- Great work culture & amazing people
- Free Parking.
- Flexible work hours.
- Fulltime permanent position.
- Encouraging and Positive work environment.
- Fun company gatherings, luncheons, and other perks!
The role involves architecture and co-leading the development of a suite of cloud applications. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to be involved in all stages of the software lifecycle from development to deployment. The ideal candidate will assume a proactive role in all stages of the development process helping outline requirements to deploy updates to support the launch of our next generation product offerings.
If you enjoy working in a collaborative and fast paced environment and have experience with agile development, we would like to know more about you!
- Develop an aesthetically appealing front-end applications that are eye catching, user friendly and make data-based decision making fun and easy.
- Building a functional frontend & a scalable backend
- Debugging production issues and implementing fixes.
- Write efficient and concise SQL queries to use within our app, for reporting data metrics.
- Managing the integrity of the data within our databases.
- Designing and building systems for maximum performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Work closely with device hardware team, quality assurance, product, and data teams to create a customer experience that furthers our high standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of full-stack experience in writing and maintaining customer-facing cloud applications and backend APIs in a production level environment.
- 2+ years of experience in implementation of external integrations using REST/GraphQL APIs.
- Expertise in AWS IoT, AWS Timestream (possibly also PostgreSQL), AWS Lambda (Python and Node).
- Knowledge of SQL and relational & non-relational databases.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud service.
- Skilled in queuing services, in-memory data stores, websocket management, monitoring & alerts, and continuous integration techniques
- A strong self-starter, operationally focused; a problem-solver.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion at Reliance:
Reliance Foundry is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a workplace that reflects communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work.
Please submit resumes via email complete with cover letter and remuneration expectations to:
Deepinder Sohal, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
e-mail: [email protected]
- Applicants should include wage expectations/requirements and comprehensive employment history.
- Only applications submitted with a personal cover letter will be considered.
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.
Please mention where you saw this employment ad in your cover letter.