Outside Sales Representative
Wanted: High energy business strategist to grow company sales
- A company with a long local history (95 years to be exact): if you’ve been to Gastown, you’ve seen our work. The curvy lamp standards with historic flair came from our foundry!!
- Focused on providing high quality products around the world: from metal castings on custom designed architectural site furnishings to industrial applications and traffic management (we just keep growing and growing).
- An employer that invests in our employees: our people are our greatest assets. You won’t find a more collaborative team than ours!
- A diverse, welcoming bunch: though we often pop earbuds in and listen to music while we work, we come up for air to celebrate personal and company successes together. We enjoy games, gatherings, lunches, and conversations around the coffee machine!
- An awesome company that offers so much more, check out our website at reliance-foundry.com to learn about us!
As Reliance Foundry continues to scale, we are excited to be recruiting for an Outside Sales Representative to continue support and growth of company sales. This go-getter position will join our talented sales team to drive and identify new business opportunities, establish contact with customers, develop growth plans, and lay out both short- and long-term strategies.
If everything from growth planning and customer satisfaction appeals to the Salesperson in you, then this is the right role for you! Presentations come easy to you as you will be involved in pitching proposals on innovative ways to expand clientele. What you don’t know you research, from Excel functions to organizations – whatever it takes to identify new leads and markets!
- Remain up to date on industry news including new project announcements for local, provincial, and national levels.
- Research for prospective opportunities and connect via phone, email, and in person to understand customer needs and grow sales.
- Build relationships with new prospective clients, cold calling clients and connecting them to our talented inside-sales team when you need help finalizing quotations.
- Understand customer’s businesses and competently “speak their language” through development of strong working knowledge of their pain points, processes, sourcing strategies, decision hierarchies, cost reduction & other initiatives, development projects, business and market issues, and the competitive landscape in which they operate.
- Generate effective customer meeting minutes, weekly activity snapshots, monthly status to objectives updates & quarterly reports that demonstrate a firm grasp of customer revenue projections, high priority issues, and planning.
Required Qualifications/ Preferences:
- A keen understanding of gaining purchase approval from Federal, Provincial, and Municipal organizations.
- Diploma, certificate and/or training in sales, business, communications, or related fields.
- Demonstrated achievement in B2B sales.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills; demonstrate strong negotiating skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SalesForce, and industry-specific analysis software.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, good judgement, progressive mindset, and self-awareness.
- Great at building rapport, friendly, outgoing, and enjoy engaging with new people via email, and on social media.
- Demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude; experience with product installation into concrete.
- Experience in the metal casting, forging, or machining industry highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to make material take-offs from constructions plans or online plan rooms.
- Access to a vehicle to network and participate in face-to-face meetings, and any other activities that help to generate and close leads.
- The ideal candidate has three to five years of professional sales experience managing multiple accounts in a technical sales, program management, or engineering position within the energy, construction equipment, agricultural equipment, or related industry supporting OEMs or large Tier 1 Systems Suppliers.
- You’re excited to learn all the details about bollards, bridge scuppers, trench grates and more!
- Outgoing: You don’t shy away when meeting new people and can easily establish positive relationships.
- Driver & Results-Driven: You don’t wait around; you’re an initiator and love hurdling obstacles.
- Hustle Factor: You don’t get discouraged by objections, and you get persistent when it comes to reaching your goals.
- Researcher: You’re all about researching and finding the best of the best opportunities.
- Strong ‘hunter’ mindset (converting new business from competition).
- Confident & Knowledgeable: You learn your industry, are prepared, and enjoy sealing the deal!
- Organization: You know how to allocate your time efficiently.
- Technical savvy: You navigate and use computer systems effectively.
- Customer Focused: You help make talking to Reliance a great experience for the customer.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with speed and accuracy.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and wage requirements to:
Smita Dass, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
E-mail: [email protected]
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.