Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is a Surrey-based, rapidly growing marketing and distribution company of metal products. With over 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now serve our Global customer base with a product line of contemporary site furnishing and castings products that now incorporate a range of electronic products and services.
Reporting directly to the Business Controller, the primary goal, and responsibility of this position is to help and support our company’s Accounting Team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Analytical work such as variance analysis, margin, category, and product analysis.
- Experience with US/Canada import & export documentation and accounting for them — including duty drawbacks, knowledge of duties, brokerage, unique invoicing for customs compliance, etc.
- Focus on accounting projects including duty drawback and US state tax (Avalara/Taxjar).
- Work with accounting and statistical data to analyse it to make it more presentable and comprehendible using various tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Generate predictive models based on ERP sourced data in Excel, PowerBI.
- Provide ERP (Netsuite) support for the company such as building reports, searches within Netsuite including coordinating tickets for upgrades and reporting feature.
- Coordinating various financial task with the technical contractors in order to meet their deadlines.
- Provide IT support including coordinating projects with I.T. consultants to ensure priorities and timelines are met.
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to senior management.
- Willing to learn how to work with data tables to process them into meaningful reports from our ERP system.
- Provide support to the Business Controller and perform other duties as assigned.
- You have excellent communication skills and can articulate concepts and provide insight from analysis, forecasting trends, KPIs, their impact and potential opportunity.
- Your attention to detail will be a critical factor for success in this role.
- You are a self-motivated self-starter who can also manage tight timelines and are always looking for ways to improve current processes to better meet the needs of the team and those you work with.
- You are a critical thinker and passionate about understanding how the ever-changing market and business conditions could affect company performance.
- You have a professional demeanor with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships across key stakeholders and groups.
- You take a consultative approach to understanding internal client needs.
- You are highly collaborative, and team focused, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team. You thrive working across lines and influencing without authority.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- You are calm and collaborative under pressure.
Requirements and skills:
- Well-rounded, smiles, and has a good sense of humour
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; self-starter, team player, and results oriented.
- Your default setting is HAPPY.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in finance and in an FP&A role.
- Netsuite experience and PowerBI experience would be highly beneficial.
- Advanced experience in Excel. You’re a wizard and aren’t afraid of a little quiz on Excel.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- You have superior written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, money market and business environments
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer.
Who we are:
- A fun, focused team, that works and plays hard
- We have monthly events and celebrate all our employees’ birthdays… with cake!
- Did someone say drinks and snacks? Non-alcoholic drinks, of course! We have that.
- V.I.P. - Very Important Parking, for a very important person, you! If you drive, we’ll have a spot.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and wage requirements to:
Pegah Motamedi, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
E-mail: [email protected]
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.