R-8261 Wall Bike Rack
Save space while providing secure bike storage with the R-8261 wall-mounted bike rack.
Hang the front wheel on the hook to suspend the bike, and then lock the bike frame to the bike rack for secure storage. The unique design is U-lock compatible and provides added stability to the suspended bicycles.
Each wall bike rack can hold 2 bikes; install in series for a high-capacity bike corral. Recommended spacing is 27″ or more apart.
The R-8261 bike wall mount is composed of steel and powder-coated black for strength and resistance to corrosion and wear. It will remain functional and attractive over a long service life, even with heavy use.
|1 - 4||129|
|5 - 9||88|
|10 - 24||75|
|25 - 49||68|
|50 - 99||64|
|100 +||Call for pricing|
SECTION 12 93 13
- Section Includes: Bicycle racks.
- Related Requirements:
- Section 32 39 13.13 – Metal Bike Parking Bollards
- Reference Standards:
- AAMA 2603 – Pigmented Organic Coatings on Aluminum Extrusions and Panels.
- ASTM A36 – Carbon Structural Steel.
- ASTM A53 – Pipe, Steel, Black and Hot-Dipped, Zinc-Coated, Welded, and Seamless.
- ASTM A312 – Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes.
- ASTM A959 – Harmonized Standard Grade Compositions for Wrought Stainless Steels.
- Reference Standards:
- ACTION SUBMITTALS
- Manufacturer's Product Data.
- Samples for Initial Selection: Color card of manufacturer's standard colors.
- Samples for Verification: Specified finish.
- LEED Submittals:
- Credit SS 4.2, Alternative Transportation – Bicycle Storage and Changing Rooms: Provide Product Data indicating number of bicycles stored by each bicycle storage unit. Include statement indicating total number of bicycle storage units and total number of bicycles stored.
- Credit MR 4, Recycled Content: For products having recycled content, provide Product Data indicating percentages by weight of post-consumer and pre-consumer recycled content. Include statement indicating cost for each product having recycled content.
- Setting Drawings: Show embedded items and cutouts required for work specified in other Sections.
- CLOSEOUT SUBMITTALS
- Manufacturer's Maintenance Instructions for field touch-up of finishes, cleaning, and maintenance.
- Warranty Documentation: Submit sample of manufacturer's warranty.
- DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
- Protect racks and accessories during delivery, storage, and handling to comply with manufacturer’s instructions and prevent damage.
- Manufacturer: Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
- Substitutions: [Comply with provisions of [Section 01 25 00 "Substitution Procedures"] [_________] for substitution procedures.] [Not allowed.]
- BICYCLE RACKS
- Material: ASTM A36 Steel.
- Country of Origin: China
- Reliance Foundry Model r-8261
- Height: 36.4 in (92.4 cm)
- Width: 15-11/16 in (39.8 cm)
- Depth: 23-1/2 in (59.7 cm)
- Weight: 9.4 lbs (4.3 kg)
- Design: Wall-mounted vertical rack with supporting hooks.
- Installation: Bolt-down surface mount for walls.
- Color: Black
- Examine paving or other substrates for compliance with manufacturer’s requirements for placement and location of embedded items, condition of substrate, and other conditions affecting installation of bicycle racks.
- Proceed with installation only after unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected.
- General: Comply with manufacturer’s installation requirements and setting drawings. Install according to manufacturer's written instructions for specified setting method.
- Do not install damaged, cracked, chipped, deformed or marred bicycle racks. Field touch-up minor imperfections in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Replace bicycle racks that cannot be field repaired.
- CLEANING & PROTECTION
- Immediately prior to Substantial Completion, clean racks in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions to remove dust, dirt, adhesives, and other foreign materials.
- Protect bicycle racks against damage.
- CLOSEOUT ACTIVITIES
- Provide executed warranty.
END OF SECTION
Copyright 2020 by Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.; qualified design and construction professionals may copy for preparation of construction specifications and purchase orders for Reliance Foundry products.