Employment Opportunities: Web Content Administrator
Dynamic web administrator to maintain superior website presentation
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is a Surrey-based, rapidly growing marketing and distribution company of metal
products. With 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now service North American
customers by providing traditional site furnishing and castings in new and innovative ways. We are an
agile, small business with ambitious growth plans. Today, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and
talented people to join our team.
We're seeking an onsite Web Content Administrator to manage our company’s web initiatives. The role will work closely with our Web Developer and with our Marketing Department to manage, update and maintain content on our corporate website. The Web Content Administrator will be chiefly responsible for uploading, updating and maintaining text, photography, multi-media presentations and documents on our web site to ensure our web presence is technically accurate and visually appealing.
The successful candidate should have a strong understanding of HTML/CSS (including a demonstrable ability to hand code in HTML) and web quality auditing.
Deadline for applying: September 22, 2017
Position to commence: ASAP
Level: Entry Level
Placement: Permanent, full-time
Working under the supervision our Web Developer, and working under direction of our Marketing Department, the successful candidate will:
- Maintain and update all web content on the company website - primarily using hand-coded HTML.
- Maintain and ensure functionality of current company web site using HTML/CSS.
- Provide support for implementation of special web features, multimedia efforts and marketing projects, both on-site and off-site (on other web properties)
- Quality auditing (with Marketing Department); monitor, audit and update company web site’s content, backlinks and technical performance on routine/scheduled basis
- Support our current and future website hosting and CMS platforms – NetSuite “Site Builder” and “Suite Commerce Advanced”
- Provide technical expertise to answer questions about or troubleshoot problems with the web site.
- Keep up with current programming and technological trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In order to be successful in this role, the successful candidate will possess:
- Significant experience in hand-coding HTML/CSS
- Demonstrable knowledge of content management systems (CMS)
- An ability to work independently and efficiently and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive and proactive attitude, with a driven attention to detail
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience or qualifications:
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite Site Builder is preferred)
- Prior experience with NetSuite customization and NetSuite’s Site Builder CMS.
- Experience with content and technical quality audits
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Experience in web design
- A keen interest to work on isolated projects and in associated disciplines/departments (IT support, telecommunications management, hardware support, etc.)
Why should you apply?
- Reliance Foundry offers a competitive benefits package and salary structure.
- The company encourages a positive and comfortable work environment with flexible hours.
- Fun company gatherings, luncheons, and other perks just for Reliance staff.
- This position is onsite, and permanent with full time hours, year-round.
- We provide opportunities for growth and advancement!
Working conditions are based on a 40-hour work week, Monday–Friday. Wages to commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and wage requirements to:
Smita Kumar, Human Resources
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
- Applicants should include wage expectations/requirements and comprehensive employment history.
- Only applications submitted with a personal cover letter will be considered.
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate
all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.
Please mention where you saw this employment ad in your cover letter.