Employment Opportunities: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Looking for enthusiastic professional to support daily business operations
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is a Surrey-based, rapidly growing marketing and distribution company of metal products. With 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now service North American customers by providing traditional site furnishing and castings in new and innovative ways. We are an agile, small business with ambitious growth plans. Today, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented people to join our team.
We are looking for a detail orientated Receptionist / Administrative Assistant to support ongoing business operations and client care. We are looking for candidates who possess excellent person-to-person and written communication skills as well as an exceptional ability to ensure all tasks are followed through to completion promptly. Applicants should be team-oriented, highly organized and technically proficient in basic office management software.
Reliance Foundry offers a comfortable yet high-performance workplace, excellent working conditions, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for future growth and development.
Placement: Permanent, full-time
Deadline for applying: February 24th, 2017
Position to commence: March 13th, 2017
- Prepare invoices, commercial invoices, and customs documentation
- Prepare and send timely shipping confirmations, schedule, and print courier labels, manage courier resources, and provide additional shipping/documentation support as needed
- Process daily mail
- Conduct banking transactions (credit card payments & credit applications)
- Conduct A/R collections
- Have payment waivers notarized
- Maintain/control document storage - including organizing, filing and archiving documentation
- Upkeep appearance and organization of reception area
- Purchase office and kitchen supplies; manage and maintain stock supplies in office and lunchroom areas
- Manage inquiries via phone, email, or in-person with customers, vendors, and other visitors. Act as the first contact of sales support.
- Support technical and non-technical staff as needed.
- Office experience and/or a diploma in accounting, business or other related fields is required.
- Exceptional, professional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with a friendly and positive attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and standard email software
- Ability to set up and maintain well-organized files and records
- Ability to interact, collaborate and communicate professionally with a range of team members, customers, and vendors
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Access to personal vehicle transportation is required. Regular visits to the bank, Canada post and notary will be required using personal vehicle for transportation (fuel expenses to be reimbursed).
Working conditions are based on a 40-hour work week, with a 7:00 am start time, Monday–Friday. Wages are commensurate with experience, and a competitive benefits package is available.
Please submit resumes via email complete with cover letter, references, and remuneration expectations to:
Smita Kumar, Human Resources
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
- Applicants should include remuneration expectations (wage/salary requirements) and relevant employment history.
- Only applications submitted with a personal cover letter will be considered.
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.
Please mention where you saw this employment ad in your cover letter.
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. delivers the highest-quality stock and custom-designed products for architectural site furnishings, traffic management and industrial applications. Since 1925, Reliance Foundry has built upon a long tradition of metal casting expertise to become an award-winning supplier for high-profile and everyday needs across North America.