Employment Opportunities: Operations Manager
Looking for a passionate operations leader to expand company productivity
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is a Surrey-based, rapidly growing marketing and distribution company of metal products. With 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we service North American customers by providing traditional site furnishings and castings in new and innovative ways. We are an agile, small business with ambitious growth plans. Today, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented people to join our team.
Our company needs a professional, passionate and adaptable Operations Manager to join our team and help us reach our aggressive targets of doubling revenue in the next 3 years. Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with our leadership team, this position will provide the best customer service while creating efficiencies in our warehousing and light onsite fabrication facilities and developing new and improved supply chain and distribution processes.
The Operations Manager will demonstrate personal leadership to build strong teams. They will champion best practices in safety, quality, product development, and production by quickly establishing a deep understanding of our products and processes.
Reliance Foundry offers a comfortable yet high-performance workspace with flexible working conditions, favorable work/life balance, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for future growth and development.
Placement: Permanent, full-time
Deadline for applying: October 14th, 2016
Position to commence: ASAP
- Manage operations to ensure accurate, cost-effective processes and exceptional customer service.
- Ensure products meet and exceed specification and quality requirements.
- Develop and implement efficiencies and processes to reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Solve problems in warehousing, fabrication, supply chain and customer needs.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees by implementing and maintaining optimal safety practices and procedures.
- Utilize strong interpersonal and people-management skills to build strong teams.
- Build a strong supply chain with current local and offshore vendors to meet demand, sourcing new vendors as required.
- Manage and implement capital projects as required.
- Participate in new product development and product improvements.
- Perform site and facilities management activities and coordinate janitorial needs.
- Work within our cloud-based ERP/CMS (Netsuite) system to coordinate activities and keep accurate records.
- Schedule production, shipping and receiving to meet customer needs.
- Work closely with purchasing staff to maintain optimal levels of inventory.
- Consistently monitor industry news and trends to identify new opportunities and improve risk mitigation strategies.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership position, operations management, business process improvements, production management or similar fields.
- A strong understanding of operational processes and business acumen.
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written English skills.
- Computer experience including spreadsheet and MRP/ERP software experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience in metal manufacturing industries and/or related technical products.
- Experience developing operational capabilities in high-growth industries.
- Experience sourcing and developing offshore supply chains is a strong asset.
- University degree in Operations Management, Business, Engineering or related discipline.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for enthusiastic, motivated and performance-driven individual’s interested in working for a dynamic, growing, niche-market company. Wages are commensurate with experience, and a competitive benefits package is available.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and remuneration requirements to:
Smita Kumar, Human Resources
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
- Applicants should include wage expectations/requirements and comprehensive employment history.
- Only applications submitted with a personal cover letter will be considered.
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.
- All applicants offered an interview will be contacted on or before October 21st, 2016.
- Please mention where you saw this employment ad in your cover letter.