Employment Opportunity: Part-Time Graphic Designer
Web-focused business looking for brilliant creative talent
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is a Surrey-based, rapidly growing marketing and distribution company of metal products. With 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now service North American customers by providing traditional site furnishing and castings in new and innovative ways. We are an agile, small business with ambitious growth plans. Today, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented people to join our team.
We are looking for a Part-Time Graphic Designer with a passion for creating great visuals to build our brand and improve website UX. This position is currently set for a 1-2-day work week, and it is our goal to evolve this role by adding additional days and eventually transition into a full time position for the next 6-8 months.
As part of our talented Marketing Team, the selected candidate will possess impeccable attention to detail and the ability to execute high quality design at a consistent rate with minimal supervision. This role is responsible for creating and managing all graphic assets related to our company's corporate imaging; including display (vector) graphics for technical subject matter, product photos, promotional brochures, print and web advertisements, updated webpage designs and more. Preference will be given to candidates with proven photography and videography experience and project leadership.
Reliance Foundry offers a comfortable yet high-performance workspace with flexible working conditions, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for future growth and development.
Deadline for applying: October 14th, 2016
Position to commence: ASAP
- Develop a deep understanding of our company, existing graphics, clients, corporate culture and products to create detailed and effective visuals that support our channels
- Work independently to establish, understand, and follow corporate guidelines to help maintain a consistent brand image, look and feel within all of our visuals and media streams
- Design marketing material for on our website, social media pages, and print needs
- Manage, edit, and grow our inventory of product photos to ensure an optimal online presentation
- Help with the development of new and improved webpage layouts and designs for optimal UX
- Design and manage layouts for corporate documents, such as business cards, letterheads, and envelopes.
- Create technical graphics for product installation and maintenance documents
- Effectively create a strong brand aesthetic across all visual mediums
- Participate in creative marketing discussions to help achieve a greater standard of quality for the brand
- Lead and manage product photography for quick updates and improved time to market
- Diploma or certificate in graphic design or related discipline
- Advanced Skills in Adobe CS6 including Photoshop, Illustrator, Light Room, and InDesign with demonstrated design and creative ability
- Ability to manage several projects and deadlines at the same time
- Ability to work effectively as part of a project team or independently
- Ability to use a DSLR camera and related equipment for product photography
- Previous experience leading video production for business needs (webinars, product, content or animation).
Preference will be given to candidates
- 2+ years of experience working in a Graphic Designer role
- Experience in commercial photography and photo editing
- Experience in web and UX design
This is an outstanding career opportunity for motivated and performance-driven individuals interested in
working for a dynamic, growing, niche-market company.
For now, working conditions are based on an 8-16-hour work week, between 7:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday.
Wages are commensurate with experience, and a competitive benefits package is available.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter, a sample of your professional portfolio, and remuneration requirements to:
Smita Kumar, Human Resources
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
- Applicants should include wage expectations/requirements and comprehensive employment history.
- Only applications submitted with a personal cover letter will be considered.
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate
all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.
- All applicants offered an interview will be contacted on or before October 21st, 2016.
- Please mention where you saw this employment ad in your cover letter.
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. delivers the highest-quality stock and custom-designed products for architectural site furnishings, traffic management and industrial applications. Since 1925, Reliance Foundry has built upon a long tradition of metal casting expertise to become an award-winning supplier for high-profile and everyday needs across North America.