Installing Bike Parking
Reliance Foundry offers a wide variety of helpful resources to guide installers through bike rack, bike locker and bike bollard installations.
Looking to prepare your site and crew for installation? Read a few tips from the bike bollard pros on Getting Started.
Reliance Foundry’s bike racks can be easily installed on new or existing surfaces to promote a business’ or institution’s commitment to green initiatives and healthy lifestyles. Created from recyclable steel or highly durable stainless steel, they are weather resistant and they provide ultimate outdoor durability. Reliance Foundry’s bike racks are stylistic devices that provide secure bicycle storage and help to define architectural perimeters. Bike racks require little ongoing maintenance and offer worry-free durability.
Reliance Foundry’s Bike Lockers can be easily installed in areas where there may be a heightened need for extended storage and additional security. As well as improving the level of security provided by the bike locker, the interior flanged base allows the locker to be secured on new or existing surfaces. Reliance Foundry’s bike lockers are the optimal form of secure bicycle storage and their box-like construction protects cycles from the elements and thwarts the efforts of would-be thieves and vandals.
Stand-Alone Bike Bollards
Decorative bike bollards can easily be installed in applications where the primary function of the bollard is secure bicycle storage. It is ideal for areas where a high level of impact resistance is not required and there is no risk of vehicle infringement. Installing a bike bollard in this manner will allow it to function as a secure bicycle storage device or a visual traffic deterrent. Stand-alone bike bollard installations are quick, easy and can be performed on either new or existing surfaces.
Post-Cover – Bike Bollards
Decorative bike bollards can be easily installed over security or bumper posts to add ornamentation and the extra function of secure bike storage. When installing a bike bollard cover over an anti-ram security post, it is important to note that the bike bollard does not play a role in the level of impact resistance provided. Once a security post has been installed, securing a bike bollard over it is a simple process that can be completed in several different ways. These guides outline general principles for installing security posts and bike bollard covers. If you have any questions about the level of impact resistance required for project, you should consult an engineer.
With Reliance Foundry’s proprietary mounting systems, many bike bollards can be installed to allow for temporary removability. Installing bike bollards with select removable mountings is an ideal solution for areas where access or bike parking needs may fluctuate. It is important to note that with these installation methods the bike bollard will offer little impact resistance and will only act as a visual traffic deterrent. Many models of bike bollards allow for removability when installed with the correct mounting.
Solar-Powered Lighting Bike Bollards
Reliance Foundry’s Solar-Powered Lighting Bike Bollards feature innovative light management technology and can be easily installed in decorative or security applications. They are self-contained units and require no hardwiring or cabling. Solar-Powered Lighting Bike Bollards are installed in similar manner to stand-alone decorative bollards and can also be used to increase the functionality of anti-ram security posts. They offer a high luminous output and increase safety and security while highlighting surrounding features and providing secure bicycle storage.
Getting Started ...
- All parts should be kept in their packaging until the exact moment of installation and metal surfaces should be protected during installation. Many of our bike parking products are constructed from steel, iron or aluminum and given a strong, long-lasting powder coat finish. This finish must be protected from scratches, scrapes, and chips to ensure the proper life of the bike bollard, bike rack or bike locker.
- As installation requires breeching the surface of the substrate, ensure that underground utility lines and pipes pose no risk. This may require a core drill in advance of an x-ray.
- Ensure that all required equipment is on site prior to beginning the install. Take precautions ahead of time and have everything needed for installation to prevent loss of time, injury to workers and product from being damaged.
- Bike Parking Systems can be installed on new or existing surfaces with a variety of mounting options. Review all mounting hardware before installation.
- Ensure that the proper resources are available to lift the bike rack, bike bollard or bike locker into place or onto its mountings. The steps to installation are fairly simple, but the weight of the bike parking system can be an issue. Extra hands should be available to prevent injuries and to avoid potentially damaging the product.
- If installing more than on unit, align the bases using a chalk line. This is a critical step in creating a uniform look.
- If during installation any powder-coated parts must be set down, place them on packaging foam or another non-abrasive material.
- Never slide or drag powder-coated parts across an asphalt or concrete surface.
- Have touch-up paint on hand to repair abrasions or scratches that may occur during installation. Covering scratches will prevent the bike rack, bike bollard or bike locker from rusting. See our care and maintenance details for further instructions.